Monday 15 December 2008

Titch To The Vets...

Yesterday....
We popped down to Peterborough to meet Wandering Willie. He's a GSD pup of six weeks, the only one in Dollar's litter. Tessa, Dollar's litter sister, writes about him on her blog. He has a new home and will be called Phoenix, which I think will suite him.

It was good to see Barry. He's off to hospital this week to have a kidney out and to get sorted. Our prayers are with him at this very difficult time. We'll pop down to see him while he's in hospital.

It wasn't the nicest drive back home as it was a little foggy.

Today...
Over the last couple of days, one of our dogs - Titch - scratched his ear a few times. Naturally, we cleaned it out but it appeared to be bothering him more this morning. I made an appointment with our vet and Chris and I took him down early afternoon. Titch is Chris' dog. He kept him from my Jade's first litter. He was the smallest but has grown into the biggest of them all.

He's a lovely dog and the vet was very impressed at how well behaved he was. She said she could manage on to examine him on the floor, but Chris offered to pick him up and put him on the table... Titch lay down instantly and stayed very still.

The vet had a good look in his ears and apart from wax, couldn't see anything else. I asked her to take a swab to be absolutely sure. We came home with drops and some ear cleaner. He's been treated once and hasn't scratched his ear once since coming home. So fingers crossed it will clear up quickly and there is nothing sinister lurking down in his ears.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Glad it was nothing but ear wax, but always safe than sorry huh?
Hope your friend does ok. I'm sure its a serious operation. Its snowing here today. Looks pretty but I hated driving in it this morning. But I made it safely to work. Have a good day and take care.Hugs, Pat

Hogdayafternoon said...

Hello Auntie Jane, just found you via your comment on my "Bobbies in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia" story on my blog. Thank you. I'll trip out more tales as they jog back into my memory and when I have the time! I know the Fens from my `previous life` (ex in-laws live on the borders) plus I used to wildfowl around Sutton Bridge and Cross keys, Terrington Marshes, when I had a working Labrador. I gave that all up, all of a sudden, and traded in the shotguns for cameras, so I suppose I did a Peter Scott! Thanks again and I'll drop by yours from time to time.